POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New desktop background - WIP : Re: New desktop background - WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:40:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New desktop background - WIP
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 15 Sep 2006 14:00:01
Message: <web.450ae8ee39cdd4481009749b0@news.povray.org>
OOPS!  I posted the wrong image.  Can someone who has the power to please
delete the previous post and replace it with this one?

Thanks!

Mike

"P Brewer" <pbj### [at] wowwaycom> wrote:
> Burninating peasants!!!
>
> Hey, is your ambient on your paper a little too high? The planets look like
> they're floating a little becuase the shadow isn't dark enough where they
> touch the paper.

Finish settings:

  finish {           // (---surface finish---)
    ambient 0.00
    diffuse 0.44
    specular 0.0     // shiny
    reflection 0
  }

However, I agree that the shadow looks too uniform and should be darker
under the planets.  I have radiosity brightness level set to 1.  Do you
think that's too high?  The entire image looked a little washed-out
originally, so I post-processed it (gasp!) to increase the contrast.
Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this in POVRay?

> Looks great otherwise.

Thanks!

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rocketplanetst_original.jpg' (93 KB)

Preview of image 'rocketplanetst_original.jpg'
rocketplanetst_original.jpg